In order to correctly route HTTP traffic to your mobile website the DNS settings for the mobile domain must be configured correctly. To do this, you need to add a DNS records in your cPanel control menu for the mobile domain according to the example below.
Log in to your cpanel account at www.vodahost.com
Add the following to your DNS:
m.example.com CNAME lb.site.mobi
m.example.com redirects to your mobile website
www.example.com redirects to your normal PC website
It’s easy to mobilize your website. Simple follow these steps and you’ll be mobile in minutes!
Set up your mobile domain
Log in to your cPanel and add a CNAME record:
- Log in to cPanel
- Click on “Simple DNS Zone Editor”
- If you have multiple add-on domains – choose the appropriate one from the drop down menu
- Under “Add a CNAME record”
- in the NAME field type “m.”
- in the CNAME field type “lb.site.mobi”
Replace example.com with your own domain name!
Check if the DNS for your mobile site is correct
A frequently asked question is how to check the DNS settings.
This can be done with an ease online tool.